Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Our Long Weekend

It was so nice to have this nice long weekend home and not at work! It did feel like it was nice and long, however I am not ready to head back to work tomorrow, I feel like I still need another day. Wednesday we got out of work early, thank goodness! We never get released early so it was such a nice surprise! I went and got Bridg and we came home to hang out together. A friend stopped by for a little bit and then Ryan came home. We loaded up and headed to Toys R Us later that night. I was a bit nervous, but knew there were some things we wanted to look at. Bridger did awesome! I was so impressed with him AND it wasn't packed at all. It was great! We actually loaded up lots of gifts for little man. He wanted to much, but we tried to keep it just to what we really wanted. Yes, we knew black Friday was around the corner, but I knew there was no way I was going to hit up Toys R Us during black Friday. I did that once when I was around 16 with my mom and I will never do that again! It was horrible.

Thanksgiving was awesome. (another post). Friday morning Ryan got up and headed to the cabin. It is a annual trip for him and I always miss him so much when he goes. Bridger and I got up and got ready. We went and picked up Grandma and started our shopping trip. We decided to give it a shot with Bridger. We went to places that are ALWAYS packed and so hard to get in and out and it was amazingly not packed! Must be all the black Friday shoppers were home sleeping from all of their shopping the night before and early that morning. We loved it. We went to several stores and the mall. I got even more Christmas gifts covered. We came home to let Bridger nap. I relaxed. I really love the alone time sometimes. It isn't often so I never get everything done that I want, but I always enjoy it. Once Bridger got up, Grandma came back over and we headed out again. Covered more stores and got more Christmas gifts. At dark - the thunder started and we headed home. Bridger was so scared. We were eating at the table and he kept still as possible. So not him, and said "Shhh, it tunder!" and put his little finger over his lips to shush us! ha! He told us he was scared. That sweet boy. Its so cute! I finally got him down and snuggled. I was nervous because of the thunder and rain, but he did good. I stayed up entirely too late! I was worn out.



Saturday we stayed home. We only left to go to Walmart and let Memaws dog out. We got out all of the Christmas stuff, decorated and cleaned the house! Bridger drove me crazy! I had him on medicine all weekend, but didn't give him any yesterday. He was so wound up. He was so defiant. He was testing me every chance that he got. He went to time out a lot. I was going bonkers. He didn't take a nap either as he was up there for 2 hours!!! I probably could have left him longer but I had to go let out my mother n laws dog. Loaded B up in the car and fell asleep right before we got to Walmart. Luckily he was a good boy during our shopping trip! He just loves to go so much. After that he fell back asleep in the car and I took full advantage of just taking my time driving home. Driving thru some neighborhoods that we really like and checking out what houses are for sale. Not that we are looking to buy, just because I was enjoying my ride and my little monster napping. Once we got home, he was still SO tired, I carried him in on the couch and he still stayed asleep!! That rarely ever happens! I let him nap for a bit. When i woke up him, he was such a grouchy pants. I felt horrible. He was so tired. He drove me crazy again. screaming fits. whining. hitting me. talking back. I finally got him to bed and finished decorating the house.



Sunday morning came all too fast. I was still so exhausted from staying up late every night. but that is the ONLY time I have to myself to do what I want, so time gets away from me. Bridg and I snuggled in my bed once he woke up, while he was playing on my phone. I was even more tired as I still went to bed late and Bridger woke up twice during the night. That is rough! After getting beat up for awhile, I decided it was time to get up. Once we came downstairs he told me "ohhhh its preetty mom" (all the decorated Christmas stuff) It was so cute. He is always so sweet. I finally got him down for a nap and jumped in the shower, Ryan got home. It was so nice to finally see him. All weekend long Bridger talked about his daddy, he made me all Ryan numerous times. Hes so cute. I then started crafting and continued for 6 hours!!! I got so much done! It is so nice having Ryan home to help with Bridger. however, Bridger was naughty naughty today. When we don't leave the house he is horrible! He gets like cabin fever or something. Ryan was going crazy. Bridger didn't even care. He was just doing everything he could to irritate us. He only took about an hour 1/2 nap....that didn't help. He felt warm and I gave him some medicine. I stopped giving it to him after Friday night I think.....or Saturday morning, and I am not sure if he is still feel so bad that the medicine was really helping it and not having it was making him even more irritable. I don't know. I don't want to keep him on medicine every single day, especially over the counter, but I don't want him to feel crummy.

After one of his time outs, Ryan went up and told him he can come down when he wants to be a good boy. He came down and sat back on the couch and watched football. A few minutes later we hear Bridger at the top of the stairs and then bam, i hear him falling.....step by step, my heart dropped. Ryan popped up so quickly (thank goodness) and I see his little feet thru the stair rails half way down, He was crying so hard and I felt horrible. He bumped his head. We think he fell from the top, and down 4 stairs. They are carpeted, thankfully. He has only fell one other time when we first moved in. He was tired. This time, I really think that he doesn't feel well and was tired. My poor baby. He tries to come down those stairs without holding on and holding tons of junk in his arms. (not this time) but he is still just a little guy and can't do all that. I hate feeling so helpless like that and hearing him thump, thump, thump each stair. So nerve wrecking! We finally got him to bed, but today definitely took a toll on us. It seems like we were constantly disciplining Bridger and getting on to him. It was hard work. I am so happy we don't have days like this often, but man they are tough. I love that my boy is strong willed and I know it will be such a good trait to have later on in life, but its tough when he's a toddler. I love him so much and wouldn't want it any other way, but I do love when I can finally sit and breathe. =) I hope my little one gets a good nights sleep and feels better in the morning. He loves his time at daycare too - I hope he is a happy boy tomorrow!!

Still needing more lights.......


Dancing to Praise Baby dvd


Watching the pizza guy


My little baby santa....


Preparing Christmas decorations!





Love him





Don't touch! I say it thousands of times already!

No comments:

Post a Comment