Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 9: Thankful for my friends

Today I am thankful for my friends. Friends can be amazing and hard at the same time. Some girls go thru life with tons of super close friends and some only have a handful! I would consider myself the handful one. That of course is all my doing. I guess you could say I wear my heart on my shoulder. I am a very loyal friend. Once I meet someone that I have so much in common with, that we get along great, I am your loyal life long friend - if you want.

I don't have to talk to my friends every single day, and no matter how much time has passed, I still in my heart view you the same exact way! My loyal funny amazing friend and I expect nothing else. Sometimes - it doesn't always end up that way.Everybody must change over time, some not so much in the loyal friend way.

I am who I am and I can't help it in some aspects - and once I feel betrayed, I close off and I am usually done. The friendship will never ever be the same. I hate being like that, I really do. However  - I can't stand being taken advantage of or treated like I am not important so I keep myself distant after things like that happen. I hate getting my feelings hurt, I hate viewing the friendship as if it is something special to all parties involved then in turn find out that it isn't as special as I thought. I love going out of my way for my friends, doing things to make them feel special, anything I can think of to let them know that they are my special friends. I will always be here for them, and I guess in turn I expect the same. I shouldn't expect anything. I find now a days its hard for girls to be loyal friends. To be true to themselves. To be true to others. So, I am fine with the handful of close girlfriends, or the "best friends". All others, are of course my friends too! I know what I can and cannot talk to with certain ones, and what we have in common with each other and I focus on those things. But I keep those friends just like that. friends. Not best friends. I'm perfectly fine with that. I adore my friends. I have some amazing friends. I really do accept them all for who they are. I just note it, learn it, and remember it.

I have made some pretty amazing friends. I love our group and how they make me laugh. I love how easy things are. I love how laid back and how we are all ourselves, no matter how stupid we may look at the time. We like to keep things as light for the most part, but are their for each other in the harder times. All my friends have many positive words during any event of sadness or going thru something hard. I love the simplicity of our friendships.

No comments:

Post a Comment