Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Under the weather




I had started feeling bad about 2 weeks ago. My initial thought was, as always - great, another sinus infection. I am so used to these since having Bridger. Every fall/winter they come around and don't ever want to leave. It kills me. I am miserable. Last year I didn't have insurance due to the moving cities and starting a new job. No doctor visits for me. Just toughen it out. The year before for some reason the doctor wasn't giving me the right meds or something because I was horrible and ended up with pleurisy. It is so not fun. I don't wish that on anyone. It is miserable and kind of scary if you don't know that is what you have, like i didn't. It took me going to the ER with test and lots of xrays to figure it out. AND - nothing we could do for it. Had to go away on its own.

I never had any kind of issues pre-Bridger. It is simply amazing how your body changes, everything changes. Now - I have horrible sinus's and can't seem to stay on top of taking over the counter drugs. I finally went to the doctor as the pressure was so insane I needed to go. Ryan called me that morning wondering if I had set an appt. Our doctor didn't have anything till the next day, so I had to schedule with another doctor that I had previously seen. Ryan said "Oh, well I think i am going to go with you, I need to be seen too". I was like really? All of a sudden you are sick too?

Turns out - that weekend he was playing with Bridger and we all know how hyper and crazy B can get. He likes to ram into full force, which is exactly what he did to his daddy the day before - right smack into his nose. Instant nose bleed. I guess Ryan didn't think anything of it and went on about his day. He complained of a headache - but that was about it. Once he went to work that morning everyone kept commenting on his nose that it looked broken. This is a shock to Ryan and he was laughing about it, but decided to get it checked out anyway.

I thought ok. Booked us both an appt. We went - got checked out. I have a virus and a underlying sinus infection. My entire neck - the lymph nodes are swollen and tender. I was like really? I only felt the sinus. I was happy to get a shot in my booty and get some antibiotics called in! Now Ryan - the doctor looks at him and the first thing he said as he was checking him out "this looks suspicious" I just died laughing. I was like seriously? Are we being serious right now? My 2 year old did not break his daddy's nose. He sent him for xrays. I got my shot - and also found out I have eczema. Who knew! I thought it was psoriasis...haha...that is what i get for going on web md as Ryan says. My elbows always have a horrible horrible outbreak during winter - and its already started. Nope - just eczema, slather some of this cream on it and you will be great! Thanks doc.

In walks the doctor, "Yep - that's what it is!" a broken nose Ryan asks. "Yep!" haha, I started laughing, and couldn't stop. How in world did you not know your nose was broke? What in the world? Ryan was laughing also - I swear I'm not heartless. I just found it so funny he didn't realize it that night, or that next morning until his co-workers were pushing him to go in to the doctor.

Since Ryan's side of his face has been rebuilt due to his 4wheeler accident in 2004 - the doctor didn't want to touch him. He referred us to a ENT and we went on our way. Ryan went to the ENT a couple days later- they said no "break" but a fracture - or crack...nothing as major as it sounded and they were going to do nothing about it. So - in all. He was fine! It is still a little bruised...and we got a great laugh out of it. But he will be fine and I will be fine too! we will live. =) Now to make sure my little love doesn't get sick.

how could he possible even hurt his daddy?! He is too sweet!! He was so sorry.


No comments:

Post a Comment