Bridger

Bridger

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Chick Night 2012

Every year our church puts on Chick Night. I had never been before so I could'nt tell you what it was all about. I wanted to try to go this year. Once the Pastors wife talked about how packed it gets and how the line wraps around the building, I freaked out. I hate being overly crowded. It gives me major anxiety. I thought maybe I should skip again this year, but really wanted to go! My mom mentioned that she was going to go and hearing it mentioned again- I've got to go! I texted some of my girlfriends and invited them. Same story- "what is it about?" I don't know. Do they have themes? Topics? I had no clue, but we were going to go. I ordered all of our tickets online and we were all set to go. That was too easy to get set up! I made sure Ryan would be home to watch Bridger and off we went.

We decided that we would head out when I got of work. My friend from work came also. We got there around 6 and checked in, walked around to all the fun little shops and they had a psuper cute area to take pictures! I so wish we would've had time to do it. They had frames you could hold up- all very girly. We went and found our seats. They were playing cute games on stage. It was hilarious. They also had a Audrey Hepburn look alike contest. the winner won a $500 gift card to a furniture store, wow what a blessing!! Ashley got there right at 6:30 when it started! Good timing Ash!

They started out with the band, singing. Why didn't I think about that. Of course they would have that, just like church. Malori and Nicole had both been to Bay Area before, Ashley and Elysse hadn't. I love the music, but I know it can be super loud. But I think the girls all like it. They had Jennifer Pena there and she did amazing.

The 2 guest speakers both did amazing job. They preached to us to where we could fully get the message all while being super hilarious. There were many many laughs. I enjoyed the messages and just being there taking it all in. I am so glad I got to go. I learned new things, reaffirmed some others. I am loving church more and more.

We got out kind of late- well 9:30 is late for this momma! We didn't have anything to eat because we obviously didn't think thru the timeline, of course there was no dinner time girls- ha. We were jealous of all those who brought subway. Haha. Next year we will an a little bit better. My head was pounding, since being sick that week and trying to recover- it hit me hard that night. I just wanted to crawl up in a ball when I left there. I went home and went straight to bed.

This last Sunday at church one of the guest speakers was still here and led the service for us. It was fun to hear her again and cool that Ryan got to hear her as well and my mom as she was unable to make it Chick Night. He said he liked how easy she talked and how she got the message across as well.
Until next year.......we will definitely plan better on the dinner part.

No comments:

Post a Comment