Bridger

Bridger

Saturday, October 27, 2012

Ronan is still working miracles!

I just sat down and watched the Katie Couric Show from this Thursday. Maya Thompson and her husband were guests on it. I knew it would be sad, I knew I would cry. I am so happy to see her getting the word out about Childhood Cancer. I was so impressed with them and their composure. I especially love her blog post after the show aired saying how she should have said this or that, and these true harsh feelings of a grieving mother, but instead held it all together and did amazing. I don't think I could. I don't think I would. I'm extremely happy that the word is finally getting out about childhood cancer - but it still breaks my heart that this is their new normal. A life without Ronan physically here. I can't stop thinking about him and his story. or Super Ty's story. It is so devastating to learn about these kids going through this journey, and not only having to take this path, but to have only a limited number of drugs to fight this bastard cancer, only to have it also deteriorating everything else left of them, except their spirits and personalities. Its horrifying. Its unacceptable. It shouldn't be. I can go one minute being perfectly fine and thinking how amazing it is that Maya is moving the mountains that she is, to completely losing it and wondering why? Why did Ronan have to go thru this? Why did/do these other little kids have to go thru this. Why does cancer even exist. Why do kids get cancer. Why doesn't anyone see it? Why isn't their more funding. Why is it OK to watch these children fight for their lives when they don't even know what is going on!?! Makes no friggin sense to me. I know it won't ever. I want it to though. I hate when I don't "get" things. There is always an answer to everything. Where is this answer?

I cannot wait to see everything unfold for the Thompson family and all that they have worked for and towards...but they HAD to work for this. they had to fight back like hell on wheels. They are choosing this fight, it isn't something natural that you just do. This is their choice and I commend them. I'm not sure i would ever even be able to get out of bed. She hasn't ever stopped fighting. This is ugly. This is hard. Takes a really determined, dedicated, strong willed, big hearted bad ass person to fight this fight. I'm glad she is in the drivers seat.

I love that I am now aware of this information on childhood cancer. I am one more person helping spreading the word. I didn't think my word would make a difference. I can't think like that. Someone is listening. I don't think I have really ever been completely supportive of something before - as to wanting to join the steps, the fight, the dirty work. I usually like to sit back and watch. for the first time ever, I'd love to to help!! I feel moved to. I'm just now struggling with what and how....for starters...talking about it. That's how it reeled me in - I can 100% share with others, and lord knows i love to talk. I can just talk about Ronan and his story and all the other little kids that have fought. the facts. the disappointing facts. Everyone needs to be aware. What parent wouldn't feel compelled to help, to donate to these little lives that are here fighting, and not because they didn't do something in particular, but just because you were dealt a shitty hand. unpredictable. no discrimination. no warning. I pray each day I'm not dealt this shitty hand, I pray each day less and less families aren't dealt this shitty hand. Its not fair. It scares me so much. It pains me to know what these kids go through.

I thought it was so weird in the beginning that I was so hurt by Ronan's story, and cried about it, and followed it everyday, I didn't want to talk about it because I felt out of place to, it wasn't my story, it wasn't someone I knew...I went back and read every post made from the beginning, but I now see I am not the only one. It seems like everyone that comes across rockstarronan.com is moved, cries, and wants to help. That is amazing. I no longer feel the need to hide what I am so deeply moved by. I wonder if I will ever be able to talk about his story without holding back the million of tears that form as I'm speaking.

If you haven't yet - go donate theronanthompsonfoundation.com

I'm just counting down the years, months, weeks, days until Maya and Woody open their world class Neuroblastoma care and research center. I'm just so so sorry Ronan isn't here. I wish he were.



No comments:

Post a Comment