Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flour Bluff High School

Ryan and I both attended Flour Bluff High School. I can't say that I loved high school or that it was the best time ever. It was definitely fun and such a different experience, once you grow up - its never the same. I remember always saying I couldn't wait to be out of high school. My parents were strict and it was just a lot of drama that really isn't fun. I enjoyed my time though, made the best out of it. I knew Ryan in high school and didn't really care for him too much. haha, funny how things work out. I just remember him always being mean to my boyfriends. What in the world? It is hard to remember alot of thing about high school because it was so long ago, and I enjoy life much better after high school! I can actually CHOOSE who i want to be around and center myself around people that I truly care about.

Fast forward.....Ryan's little sister is now a senior at Flour Bluff High school. She is cheerleader and has been since junior high. She and her group of friends are close and do everything together. it really is bitter sweet watching them all. They are having so much fun this last year of their high school days. I really can't believe that it went this fast. I swear she was just 7! 7 and being attached to her mama's hip. Or even 11 and wanting to hang out with Ryan and I all the time. Where did that little girl go?! she has turned out to be an amazing young woman and I know she will succeed and do wonderful in her life. She has a great head on her shoulders and has morals. Which now a days - not alot of high school girls do. She is joy and has a great heart. She is hilarious and a smart ass! She is a girl version of Ryan as I like to say. She is a blast.



Since Bridger is still little it is harder to do things. Like - attend a football game. We try to always make homecoming week events to support her. This year we missed the parade because we were at the doctors office so late. We decided to hit up the football game and see how Bridger did. It was packed, obviously! It was also much more humid than I thought or expected OR wanted. Bridger was so scared when we went to walk up the bleachers....people were everywhere, cheering going on, yelling, screaming, laughing just non stop of commotion. We had to stop and talk Bridger into going up into the bleachers. He was so quiet for so long taking it all in. We were in the nose bleed. dangy! I didn't get to get pictures of Katelynn cheering as it was SO packed. The football team was doing amazing and beating the crap out of the opposing team - hard to not watch that either. Half time rolled around...Katelynn came up and grabbed Bridger to take him off to see her friends, or whatever it is that 17 year olds do with their nephews. We went to get Ryan's mom a drink at the concession stand and decided it was time to head out. We went to search for our baby, who was found happily on Katelynn's friends shoulder! ha. He is so funny. He is so shy but once he warms up - he is in it! He didn't want to leave with us! The only way we got him out of there was because the band people scared him. I think it was those huge pieces they wear on their heads. That has got to be hard and annoying! Especially in the heat!


 
Saturday night was the homecoming dance. I always go and take the pictures for Katelynn. They always go with their group and this year was no different. Hope she had an amazing time at her very last homecoming dance!
 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment