Bridger

Bridger

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Wildlife Ranch Safari

This past weekend we wanted to take Bridger to go do something fun. We have to pick certain things we can do because Bridger is such a handful. We have tried the zoo about a year ago - he was definitely too young. He had no interest at all. I think he might like it a little bit better now, however we chose to take him to the drive thru zoo in San Antonio. I have never been and I was very excited to take Bridger and see how much he loved it.
 
Bridger was very excited before we even got started! We went to the little gift shop and tried to find him something cute. He was not interested in anything that I picked up. I finally just chose 2 different types of giraffes, a stuffed animal and a play one. He picked up some rock magnets when we were leaving and he was SOOO excited with those. Who would've thought?!
 
We had to pass by a bird cage and Bridger was so scared of the parrots! It was hilarious. I wasn't expecting him to be scared of birds out of all things! haha. It was adorable though.


 
After that we walked over to see some other animals and they had a big pond with catfish. Ryan bought some food and fed them, they go crazy! Bridger enjoyed watching it.

 
After that we walked by the giraffes. I was so excited about this because Bridger has a couple stuffed ones and he loves them. I figured he would like seeing a real one. They weren't too close but he didn't really have a interest. In fact he was kind of scared. I think Giraffes are SO cool. But Bridger wasn't ready to be anywhere near them. We visited real quick and headed back to the car to start the "safari" drive.
 



 
The weather was pretty and not so hot. It was a good day to be outside and I was loving this. Then again, fall is my favorite time of year! Bridger was taken aback at first and not really sure what was going on and just sitting back and watching. It didn't take long for him to jump in and start helping us throw food out to the animals. The magnets kept him entertained for a long time! But so did the animals!









 










This Emu cracked me up! He kept trying to peck Ryan and nip at him...his crazy long neck was going everywhere...he would stick his head in the car like no big deal. Ryan had to roll his window up because he was seriously that close to him. I couldn't stop laughing. It was a funny sight....Bridger didn't know what was going on. Silly boy.



 
Little boy is getting tired.....







After we were finished driving thru the zoo, which was pretty cool - we stopped and got out. We wanted to try to take Bridger to the petting zoo, even though we were both pretty sure that he wasn't going to have it. Which he didn't. All the kids were brushing the animals and Bridger just sat in our arms watching, nothing we did could convince him to get down. We walked out to see a monkey of some sort and on our way back by, he himself decided he wanted to go in. And he did - but that  was it. He was over it. Haha, I guess at least he tried a 2nd time. My sweet baby!!




He is getting too big! Those dang magnets are in every picture! ha

 
After the zoo we went and found our hotel to check in. We then went to find somewhere to eat. I wish I could remember the name, but I don't. It was a very good restaurant and surprisingly Bridger did really great for only having about an hour nap earlier in the day. Except he kept wanting to sit on laps and insisted on getting ketchup on my white little shrug. It was a chore. ha. I love my baby.
 
 

 
We attempted to shop afterwards. I was able to successfully go into 2 stores before the meltdowns started. I had forgot to pack my shampoo and conditioner so we stopped by Target....that was an even worst idea. He was horrible!! Screaming and hollering and yelling shut up! (Man I hate that word!) Nothing we do works on him, especially in public. At home his little butt would be in time out, for a brief moment to calm down. We got out of there as fast as we could while the fit was still going on. I had to bear hug him on the way out and carry him a certain way. He hates it. In the process - he reached over and bit the crap out of my arm!! I couldn't believe it. He has not bitten in a long time, and obviously this was out of sheer anger. My I have my hands full.....and a bruised arm.
 
We went back to hotel and hung out. I edited some pictures and Bridger played. We took him his bath and got ready to put him down in the pack n play. That didn't work either. Screaming. I couldn't let him sit there and scream, and hello - we had neighbors! This was a hotel! Ugh! So we tried in the bed....he wouldn't relax. I finally told Ryan we needed to act like we were asleep! We turned everything off and before you know it....all 3 of us were sleep by 8pm I am sure.
 
 

 
I was very happy the next morning it was at 8pm as little man decided that 4:30 am was a fantastic time to get up!! wow! We had our complimentary breakfast at 7am, hung around for awhile as I wanted to try to shop again Sunday. It was nasty raining outside....I decided to just call it quits and head home. There was NO way we could hang around town till noon to go shopping with a little boy who doesn't nap!
 
Overall it was a wonderful trip with my little family!!! I enjoyed it very much. However, I don't think that we will be doing over nights trips like this one for awhile. This was completely out of his comfort zone and he was definitely acting out his terrible twos. But we had a blast with him!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment