Bridger

Bridger

Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Harris Life....full of boats

So it is finally official! We have a running boat. I'll be honest and say that I am excited! Since we lived in Beaumont for 5 years.....we didn't really "need" a boat of our own...we couldn't go out in it whenever we wanted because we weren't just 5 minutes from the water. We moved back and now - a year later....we have a running boat. This is great news.

Ryan and I had been dating for 2.5 years before we moved to Beaumont. In those 2.5 years most of our days and weekends were spent in a boat. We went fishing all the time, leisure boat rides, fun times at the ski canals, trips to the cabin - any and everything in a boat! Even going to the bars!
He is a Harris! They always have boats and more than 1! haha....however....they don't always run. Those first 2.5 years were great memories for us. We had a blast. there was a time we were living with him mom right after his dad passed away to help out with his little sister - and every weekend we would jump up - look out the window at the weather and water....put on our swimsuits and head out! The boat practically stayed in the water at the end of the pier. It truly was a great time.

Fast Forward....9 years later - we have a kiddo so of course things will be different...but how fun for Ryan and Bridger! Bridger is getting older and Ryan is very excited to start taking him to do things with him. Now - that we have a boat done it makes it that much easier for Ryan!

As I said before- he is a Harris! They have numerous items of the same concept. In fact- we have 5 boats i think, and this boat that is done - is actually his friends with our motor on it. So our 5 boats still sit and wait for Ryan to work on them and get them hopefully sold and gone. Ryan really enjoys doing things like this. Boat work, motor work, improving something and making it run. This boat gave them a hard time but in the end - he figured it out and it works! And this is just in time for the upcoming hunting season too! great. Kidding - I may just be slightly jealous as I can't go on those trips because we have Bridger now. I used to really enjoy those as well. But Bridger is getting older and will soon get to be part of many adventures in the boat....and that's just what they are - adventures.

This boat is just a flat bottom so we won't be doing any offshore trips...or I hope not! ha. It works perfect for our "day out in the boat" trips or cabin trips. They painted is really pretty. The center console needs to be painted....badly, and they will be doing that soon! (I Hope!) Once it is finished it will look like a brand new boat! I am thinking the dark blue that is on the bottom would look great. we will see! This isn't a very good picture, but all I have right now.



The day that Ryan fixed it - I was out of work early as it was our "Ocean Days" Retreat for work and I came home a bit early so we left and got Bridger and took the boat for a ride. It was SO nice! Love being on the water and so does my mini Ryan - Bridger. Daddy even let him steer the boat with telling him this way or that way - Just a little bit - and he did it! it was so adorable! I imagine when Ryan was little this was exactly how he was. I love it.

Captain Bridger Harris



Checking out Daddy's splatter!
 


Loving Life!

Daddy's helper!

I got this Daddy - I'll turn on the motor!

Let's put this back on the motor.....
 

Tired of his life jacket...sorry buddy....many many more years


My little boater!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment