Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, September 30, 2012

There is something in his nose........

Last Friday I noticed that Bridger had "lots of snot" in his nose. I was changing him and saw it shiney clear up his little nostril. I know he really hates the nose sucker so I thought, eh ill let it work it's way out on its own....

We went about our whole weekend. Sunday came and I was getting Bridger ready for church - I noticed when he layed down to change his diaper that the shiney- clear up his nose....the snot....was still there. I thought it looked odd but why would it?! Kids only have snot up there right? I got the little nose sucker and said sorry my love, and attempted to get that nasty snot outta there! I tried 3 times, by the 3rd time I saw it! It almost came out! I couldn't get it. I jumped up grabbed Bridger and ran to tell Ryan that Bridger had something up his nose....a bb or something it looked like! Hence the shiney I kept seeing. It was metal. He had something metal up his nose! I called my mom and ask her if we should call the doc and get a appt hopefully or go to the hospital(Ryan's idea). I figure if he was ok all weekend with it there we were ok for another hour. I called the doctor. Yes, an appt! No church for us that Sunday morning. I was so excited to go too- I need it. But my baby was FAR more important!

We waited at the doctor for what seemed like forever. Oh and we had a lovely copay of $50 with possibly being charged $30 more later after insurance does their thing. So weird. The doctor was awesome and got right to it with a long super skinny thing with a tiny metal piece at the end of it. She got it out super quick with all of our help holding down my baby. He was scared. But we got it! It was a bead! What the heck?! We have no idea where he got it- we don't own metal beads like that nor does our daycare lady she told us. So he could've found this anywhere, someone could've dropped it at our house or hers. I know it wasn't up there earlier than Friday because I didn't see it and it wasn't infected. Thank goodness!

And also- I have no idea why our little boy would stick that huge bead up his nose! He doesn't usually do things link that. He is very well at keeping things out of this mouth as well. So weird. The doc did tell us that it is so much better to get "bigger" things stuck up there than smaller which causes more serious problems and maybe surgery. We have kept telling B to keep things out of his nose! Haha. Oh boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment