Bridger

Bridger

Friday, September 21, 2012

Smart Boy!

I recently downloaded some fun toddler apps onto my phone for Bridger. I never did before because honestly I didn't want him playing on my phone, throwing my phone, or whatever else. He is only 2! Nothing gentle comes with the sound of that.

I had a conversation with his daycare lady and she has been working on colors, shapes, etc. with the kids. Bridger is so stubborn he doesn't want to sit and learn. No surprise there. She wants to start potty training him and Charlie at the same time...but Bridger is just showing no interest! So learning his colors or shapes or sounds isn't something I think he would do great with either...and he doesn't. After talking to her I realized I needed to try harder at home too! I've never been into pushing Bridger with anything like that. He is such a SMART boy but I don't like to pressure. (I think that stems from my owning dislike to pressure). BUT pushing your child to learn to do something isn't a bad thing.

SO - I downloaded around 6 learning apps to my phone. I let him play with it some the other day in Hobby Lobby - but he doesn't really understand how to maneuver the phone correctly. So, tonight we laid in bed and played with every app that I had downloaded. Bridger did amazing!!! He was stubborn and didn't want to practice his colors - but I asked him where the heart was, and he knew! coincident? Maybe. These apps repeat the shapes over and over and over....numbers over and over, etc. I think it helps!!! He heard animal sounds, saw animals, learned objects.... He had a blast and would giggle with such enthusiasm! I loved it. We were learning while having so much fun together. I think I know what we will be getting him for Christmas.....Ive heard some great things about the leap pad 2- I need to do some research, but it sounds great!



 
 
Today when I picked him up from daycare he kept mumbling something and I was gathering his stuff up. Finally I see a little girl pop around the corner and he said "Bye Anna!" with a little wave. It was so cute to see him interact with another kiddo his age, to know to say goodbye. He is a sweet friend.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment