Bridger

Bridger

Friday, July 1, 2011

My fur babies

I haven't really talked much about my fur babies! Of course pre-Bridger they were my entire world! Everyone would tell me how that would change when a baby came into our life and I thought they were crazy. How could you ever give your dogs less attention. They are so wonderful....they are my babies!

It didn't take long to find out what everyone meant. It isn't by choice, it really just happens. It was so weird to me. At first it wasn't too big of a deal, but then I got tired of the hair inside.....and then they were always under our feet when we were with the baby. So unfortunately they earned their way outside. =( I said I would never have outdoor dogs. Boy was I wrong on that too!!

They don't have it bad. They have a doggie door to the garage and can come inside the garage anytime they want and lay on their very own leather couch! Tough life for those pups!!

I do feel bad when I sit and think about it. I feel really bad for Remington because he was my very first baby!!!! My very first dog! Ryan and I got him just 5 months into dating....so he has always been with us! He has always been part of our family. He could never do no wrong.....even if he ate the entire bag of oreos, or tore the garbage up. I could never yell at him or at least not apologize and love on him right after. We were inseparable. He was perfect.....and still is to me.

I wish he loved Bridger more....but I have to look at it from his point of view....he was my baby for 4 years before we added Cheyenne....all by ourselves! Cheyenne came along in 2007 and he had to share.....3 years later, Bridger comes along. Poor Remi keeps get pushed on the back burner! I still love him and think he is by far one of the best dogs ever!!! I have TONS of pictures of Remi, but can't find them quick enough since I decided to do this post on a whim....

Remington will be 8 years old this year.
His hips are bad and his extra weight doesn't help
He eats everything! Its so hard to keep him thin!
Remi weighs 108 lbs
He knows how to shake, speak by using a hand motion, sit and lay down
He doesn't hunt like Ryan would've loved
He loves to cuddle by doesn't like anyone to be laying on him or over him, just on the side
He keeps to himself and isn't really a follower
He only barks if he feels as if something is not right or doesn't know that person
He is very protective, but only if he feels he needs to be
He is the laziest lab I have ever seen in my entire life
and I love it.




November 2007 Cheyenne came into our lives. This year she will be 4!!! She is an English Mastiff and we got her for a great deal, that is why we ended up getting her in fact. We wanted a fawn mastiff and male, but ended up with this darling brindle female that melted our hearts. She was always a good dog and pretty easy to potty train. Cheye currently weighs about 135. She is very stubborn and refuses to shake or speak or any other trick. She LOVES people and has to touch you all the time! Usually with a dirty slobbery mouth. She likes to sit on you and not next to you. She will follow you wherever you go, she can't stand to not know where you are at. She is in LOVE with Ryan. She is a whiner..and it is very high pitched! She absolutely adores Bridger, and he adores her. They interact all the time! When Bridger was a newborn and the dogs were still allowed inside, everytime Bridger would cry, Cheyenne would come running, she had to make sure everything was ok with him. Cheyenne is a great dog, but not a great listener like Remington, however she is very very sweet!!! A very good family dog. She is a little more challenging. She LOVES Remington and they are best friends!! She is the BEST cuddler ever, and always has been!


Look how small she used to be!!! She still tries to snuggle like this but its her entire head there now!!


She has always loved Remington, from day 1. She helped bring out the pup in him

They love to snuggle together!! Even on car rides


Our family in 2008


Cheyenne is still a pup here


I am hoping with our next house we can maybe have some sort of area that the dogs can come in and relax and get out of the heat....on tile and not carpet. I do love them and feel terrible they do not get enough attention anymore. I am sure they are used to it by now, but they are still so sweet!!!  I know they will be best buds with Bridger as he is getting older.

She loves this boy!!!


Kisses!



No comments:

Post a Comment