Bridger

Bridger

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

sickness

I haven't been feeling well since last Monday - a week and a half ago! It started out with nausea with some vomiting, then light headiness, followed with headaches. Then one morning I woke up and my actual eye sockets hurt! Not with a headache, just the eye socket behind the eye. I could barely open them all day. I was miserable. The following morning I woke up with feeling like I had a "crook" in my neck/shoulder. It hurt more when I would bend down to do something, get Bridger, etc. It was very very painful. Ive been dealing with that for now 6 days. I couldn't get comfortable sleeping at night and had this constant pain in my chest. Sharp...never goes away. Hurts to laugh, yawn, cough, even when I walk. Shortness of breath and just plain tired!

Called the Dr yesterday morning. Lesson learned - do not tell them you are having chest pains. They refused to see me...and told me to go the ER. I thought that was ridiculous! After arriving at work and talking with my co-workers I decided I better go because I wouldn't want something to be terribly wrong, I do have Bridger to worry about now and I wouldn't ever want anything to happen where I couldn't take care of him.

To the ER I went...I went to a difference hospital then where I had the baby at. I liked it SO much more! It was amazing. I was in and out in 3 hours! They did a EKG to be sure, and some xrays. Turns out I have Pleurisy. I never knew how common it was until I started telling people that was what my mystery problem was. They said that my infection was viral so there isn't any anti's they can give me, probably from the sickness I had earlier in the week...the nausea, vomiting...some sort of stomach bug. He prescribed me some anti-inflammation pills to help. I just basically need to wait for it to run its course.

I was trying not to complain, but I knew something was wrong with me. I felt relieved when I heard from others that have had it that it was indeed horrible pain they felt. It definitely isn't fun. I haven't been able to work out in 2 weeks now! Which is huge for me. I can't wait to fight this and I hope that I never get it again! Its miserable! I'm ready to get back on our schedule and not feel like I'm running out of breath carrying my son!

No comments:

Post a Comment