Bridger

Bridger

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

First day

Today was Bridger's first day in Toddler I class. As I dropped him off this morning it was so sad! Not as bad as the very first day of daycare at 7 weeks old, but still pretty sad. He took one look at the teacher and started screaming. I then had to put him down to leave and he was reaching up at me, tugging on my shirt, crying and having the saddest look on his face! It broke my heart. He seemed as if he was scared. Poor baby boy. I finally got out of there and had to call to check on him by 1030.

Overall they said his day was hard, slightly grumpy but a success! He of course was overly tired on our way home today and cried the entire way instead of passing out for a quick nap. Luckily he was a bit better with the errands we had to run. He always goes down easy at night, but tonight it was almost all by himself. Hims was a tired boy!

He is just growing WAY to quickly now. As I get his bottle ready at night (yes we are still on nightly bottles, but that's it!) he finds his soft blanket and drags it around the house and as I finish he pulls his blanket to the couch so he can lay, snuggle and drink his milk with me. What a sweetie pie! I admit I still love those sounds of a baby drinking from the bottle! I'll be so sad when we are officially finished with that.

I went to check on him a couple nights ago and re-covered him to his chest with his blanket. He wakes up, pulls the blanket over his head and I stay to watch.....with just the dimness of the nightlight....he waits a few seconds and pulls it down quickly and laughs.....and he does it again...waiting longer this time....and laughs again. How does a 1 year old wake up in the middle of the night and start to play peek-a-boo with his mommy!? He is so funny!

I am hoping tomorrow goes better, and I am sure it will. He is back with all his buddies and gets to run and play and have lots of fun! What is better than that? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment