Bridger

Bridger

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Sick days

Since putting Bridger into a home daycare he hasn't really gotten sick. (knock on wood). We have been pretty lucky - especially since I didn't have any time saved up to take off from work. Just this month - August I got some more pro-rated days off! and I already had to take one.........

Bridger has had a low grade fever for awhile - I just attributed that to teething. his molars possibly. Wednesday last week when I put him down for bed - he felt hot and I took his temp - 101.5 I didn't think too much but definitely noted to check it in morning. Well 3am rolled around and I was woken up to a screaming little boy. I went to lay in his bed with him as usual...once I snuggled up to him - I felt his burning head and body! Even his legs and arms were on fire. I took his temp and yep - 103!!

I knew it would be a day at home with my Little one. Despite the high fever - he was still in an amazing mood. When we went to the doctor for once, he just sat there in his chair and even snuggled with me on my lap for a good portion. He wasn't up running around trying to play with things or get in peoples way. I knew he didn't feel good. He got extremely upset with the nurse made him undress to weigh and measure. He is so silly! He hates not having clothes or shoes on. He is 27.5 lbs and 36 in tall! Once the doctor came in he let Bridg put back on his shorts and that made him happy!

He has a sinus infection. Poor love. I know when I have them I am miserable. I felt so horrible for him. We picked up his meds and will continue to take them till they are completely gone. He has always had sinus / allergy issues so I am sure this will come up again. Poor baby! We spent the day together and he napped for over 3 hours!!! At least he is on the mend.

No comments:

Post a Comment