Bridger

Bridger

Monday, August 6, 2012

Pointer fingers

I was super busy trying to clean out the old rental house at the beginning of last week. Ryan was finishing up moving and had actually left to go take his old corvette to the shop so we would have a garage! yay! Go hubby! I was rushing trying to clean all the bedrooms/bathrooms - everything actually! We only had 2 days left and those last 2 days are always the worst! Right!? You know when you are moving those are the most horrible miserable dumb not using could live without stuff that you are moving.

I was trying to finish the very last bedroom and Bridger was starting to get into things and mess with everything. He likes to collect screws lately (b/c we are moving they are everywhere) and nails, or child plug protectors, anything really and put them in his pocket! Well I was vacuuming and he proceeded to push the little flashlight down the tube where the connected hose goes! Ugh! really? He cried and cried b/c he wanted it. I couldn't get it. It was really stuck. He really did a great job this time. So I continued vacuuming. Then I hear a cry - at first I was like - yea hes frustrated and hungry we need to go - then That cry started - I knew. I turned off the vacuum and snatch him up so quickly asking him over and over what? What happened? He is screaming and turning red, I'm looking all over and don't see anything, so I'm holding him tight running my finger thru his hair and he doesn't slow down. I start looking around at his body...what did he do?

Finally I see blood....there it is. His finger! We have bi fold doors (you know - closet doors that technically slide over when you pull the knob?) Well he was closing it I'm assuming and smashed his finger!! Good! I felt so horrible. His whole top part of his finger...the tip, the skin was completely disconnected! He really did a number on it. I had to snuggle him for awhile and love on him. Then he said he was ready to go home. I would be too. poor love.

It doesn't look toooo horrible. I mean, I'm a mother, a first time mother so anything on my babys clean fresh skin looks horrible. Of course these pictures are horrible b/c they are on my phone, and he wouldn't hold still. the white part under the blood is where the skin is pinch off - so it is a little flap.



So, in our new house, his brand new room. Guess what his closet doors are? Yes you guessed! The bi folds. ugh! This is actually pretty close to the top of the "to change out and update" list. Luckily he won't play in there without us so a case of another injury is hopefully slim to none until I have a chance to get his daddy into changing those doors!!  Definitely not for a kids room! And - we chose this room for his because it was the medium sized out of the 3 left. We have to leave the smaller one closest to our room for a new baby - whenever we decide that will happen!! ha! But we will be ready - for now it serves as an extension for my close that was unfortunately downsized with the move.... =( very upset about this...It is long, a long closet...but not open and wide like that last. boo. I will adjust.


No comments:

Post a Comment