Bridger

Bridger

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

My little man

Bridger is so funny. No matter how out of control he is acting - he can do one thing that cracks me up and I'm over all the stress that he put me thru. I know the move has been hard for him and he has had to readjust, but I think he is finally coming around. Also - he has had a low grade fever for a couple weeks and a super runny nose....I'm thinking those nasty molars are coming in. I need to find the teething gel to help provide my boy some relief.

We had a great time this weekend. His fits are a little less than what they have been for the past 2 weeks. Yesterday Ryan went and worked at the shop so it was just Bridg and I. We played and I put him down for a nap around 2, (late for us) and I went and showered. I turned on the monitor and he was playing, just not in his crib like usual - he was riding his bike, grabbing books off his shelf, opening his closet doors. haha, he was NOT going to nap.

What the heck - we got our swimsuits on and went and blew up the slide. Bridg played and I relaxed in the pool part of it playing when he wanted me to be part of it. haha.....hes pretty content playing by himself sometimes. After a couple hours we went in and ate....then started tackling the house. I was organizing the room I'm using as a extra "closet" right now....shoes...excess clothes...arts and crafts...miscellaneous stuff. So this was ALL new territory to Bridger.....he loved it. Since I was cleaning and organizing he was into everything....collecting things putting them into other things or into his pocket. Well he would be playing and be so into what he was doing...he wouldn't pay attention. He bumped his foot first - and made a little noise. I said are you ok? he said "ook(look) Mama, I beeding (bleeding). See, right der(there)" lol, I died laughing! I said "where?" and he continued to tell me he was bleeding in the most sure way possible. I rubbed his foot where he obviously wasn't bleeding gave him a kiss. However long later - he smack his head pretty hard on the dresser - I waste no time in babying him (I know - terrible!) So I was loving on him asking him where he hit his head....he touched the top of his head and said "Right der Mom, see it beeding" again, I couldn't help but laugh at my silly boy. He wasn't bleeding. This happened a few more times - each time was as funny as the first.
I started thinking about it- where on earth would he learn that word and use it correctly? Earlier that morning we were trying to get out of the house - I had to wipe down his nose, from it constantly running it is pretty nasty when he wakes up. So I had wiped it up and in the process I guess I accidentally rubbed off a tiny scab he had...it bled a tiny bit. Literally. I didn't even know it happened. Ryan kept telling Bridger, go have mommy wipe your nose before we leave, its bleeding. ahhh ha! I can't believe that little boy remembers that from the morning and then proceeded to use it correctly. It amazes me how smart these little kids are.

While I had cooked him dinner that night - I munched on some new flatbread I wanted to try. Four Cheese & Jalapeno. They were so good and had a pretty good kick to them. Bridg kept whining that he wanted a bite (not unusual for him always wanting our food). I kept telling him, no its hot. Well after so much whining I broke off a small piece and handed it over.
A bite, a few chews.....then out of the mouth it came. Onto the table pushed over to me by his small little hands...."Mama - I done - it hot" with the most hilarious face. He said it a few times.

The next night Daddy and him were standing in front of the pantry - I think trying to find Bridg a snack. Ryan saw the flatbread and remembered the story I told him about Bridger the night before. He pulled them out and asked B if he wanted those. Bridger backed up and said "No Daddy, dat hot!!" haha. My boy is precious.

I particularly love when he says "Wasssssup Daddy!" in a very loud tone. =) Now that he is getting older....I see myself having many posts about the cute things he says. I don't ever want to forget.


No comments:

Post a Comment