Bridger

Bridger

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Sick little one

This past weekend we didn't do alot, but my little guy had a constant cough. He didn't have fever and the couch sounded dry so I wasn't too concerned. Saturday night we went to La Posada and I didn't even think of that affecting him more, bad mom. It was warm out and I don't think it even phased us as he wasn't coughing consistently. We took the boat out anyway and off we went. Sunday he woke up and just looked sickly. We went to church, ran some errands and came home for Bridger to nap. He was coughing some more and didn't really get a good nap in. Once we woke we went off to run more errands and I kept telling Ryan that Bridger felt extremely warm. He had been clingy throughout the weekend and not going anywhere without his blanket. His blankie is usually a tell all sign. We ran a few errands and finally made it home. He looked horrible.

I took got the thermometer and stuck it under his arm, read 103.3, I didn't think that could possible be right, so I stuck it in his mouth....then it read 102.3 but he kept opening his mouth and I wasn't get an accurate reading. I then was like crap! Let me get his rectal thermometer to get the most accurate reading, I extremely hate doing that too him and now as he is growing older, but he felt so hot I wanted to be 100% sure he wasn't in danger zone. It was 103.3 I gave him some Tylenol and stuck him in a luke warm bath hoping to break it. Even after his bath it was 102. Poor baby slept horrible all night. Up and down. At one point he woke and I went into his room and he was just tossing and turning, with just the dim glare of his night light I laid there with him tears filling my eyes as my heart broke for how terrible he felt, and I couldn't do anything about it. He couldn't breathe, get comfy and was burning up. I rubbed his back and eventually got him to fall asleep. I threw around the idea of taking him to bed with me, but then neither one of us gets sleep. I just wanted to snuggle him all night.

Ryan took off Monday to take Bridger to the doctor and take care of him. He has a virus.  A nasty virus that supposedly sticks around for a long time. They have him an antibiotic and cough medicine. Daddy and Bridger had tons of errands to run and came and met me for lunch. I felt bad that he was out running around with Daddy, but he seemed happy, still looked horrible, and had his meds. Ryan finally got him down for a nap around 2pm. I got home around 6 and he was still sleeping. We contemplating waking him because we knew he was sick and feeling horrible. Around 630 we woke him up and he was still tired!!! precious boy.  I couldn't let him sleep too late then party all night. I think we are on the mend. I hope. We are on meds for 10 days.

These pictures don't even show how sickly he looked!





Come er moose.....




LOVE when he does this face!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment