Bridger

Bridger

Thursday, December 13, 2012

La Posada

Every year there is a lighted boat Parade called La Posada. We have been to it in the years past, prior to little Bridger, but haven't been in years. This year we decided that Bridger was old enough to take, and we had a boat running. We wanted to take full advantage of this. We have tried to go and park and watch it before, but that is never really that easy or as nice of an experience for us. Also - we did not want to chase a toddler around. We invited some friends of ours and loaded up to head out.

Of course it was already dark when we left. We didn't rush over and took our time. One little man was not very happy about this experience. He screamed the entire time we were on the boat. Once we got over to the island and found a spot to pull aside he was full on screaming mode. I felt horrible for his poor mama and for him. I think he just wanted to run and this boat we have right now doesn't have the tall sides so we couldn't just let him go. She had to hold him and listen to him scream for a good 45 mins to an hour. We couldn't stand just sitting there and watching them struggle. I know if that was me, I would be like take me back right now. She is so sweet and didn't say a word, we started the boat and headed back to the house to drop them off. I wish Ky would have loved it, but maybe next year. His mama was worn out and I'm sure happy to be back on land.

We headed back to the island and caught the tail end of the boats all lit up and decorated so pretty. By this point, Bridger and Kaylie were playing on our phones and were interested but not overly. I think it is cool to see all those boats, big and small all decorated, lighted and playing Christmas music as they chug along in a row down the canals. I told Ryan maybe one year we need to participate. Maybe next year Bridger will enjoy it even more.

We had a good time with everyone and the kids were actually on their best behavior. It wasn't freezing outside, or even cold, so we were blessed with great weather. We headed back to the house, ordered pizza and hung out laughing, telling stories and enjoying each others company and the kids snoozed away! I say it was a hit.


Ky enjoying the boat ride for a moment

Busy with their games




Samantha and I


Buddies

Driving us

No comments:

Post a Comment