Bridger

Bridger

Monday, November 7, 2011

Is it already November?!

I don't know where October went. Time is flying by so fast and I hate that. This is my most favorite time of year. I want it to slow down and let me really take it in and enjoy it!

It has been so nice to have Ryan home again and getting things back into routine (well as much as we can with Daddy) with him home. Bridger of course LOVES it and so do I! I am not sure if he will be leaving town again but we should find something out this week I hope. I like to know what to expect and especially for the holidays fastly approaching.

We had a fun weekend together! We had a nice dinner with friends and they came and hung out at the house and Bridger was so happy to have a little friend to play with. Their daughter is 4 and she was a good sport and played very well with Bridger. They actually emptied out his toy box.....he hasn't played in their in months! We kept up him entirely too late and it showed towards the end...he was basically attacking his new little friend and was actually pretty good at it! haha! She just laughed and let him play. He took a nice long nap the next day.

We had a dinner date finally! We decided to go and check out the new Fajitaville in nearby Portland. It is a 3 story restaurant/bar. The wait was so long that we just ate at the bar. We didn't really eat, just munched on some appetizers. It was ok. We just enjoyed having a night to ourselves. Katelynn and Mallory were holding down the fort at home. Bridger tired to trick them and got to stay up a little bit later but they did great and he finally went down.
We were able to stop by a friends and see their darling little baby girl, Kendal. She is so precious and growing so fast. I last saw her at 1 or 2 days old. She is now 11 weeks and such a doll! She is so good and she talked to me ton. I love babies and enjoyed holding her. I am amazed at how quiet and happy she is! than again, my only experience is Bridger, and he was never content and always wanted more. ha!

We snuck in a little bedroom furniture shopping...but we can't seem to agree! our taste is so different when it comes to the bedroom. Luckily, Ryan is so easy going and doesn't really care, I just want him involved in it. I found 2 different sets that I am in love with. It is just going to take some time really deciding what I want most. I hate making decisions like this! At least we dont have to make it now.

Bridger was such a GOOD boy this weekend! It was like we had a little boy not a baby. He actually would stop and listen to what we were saying. He learned to say football, or let me say he finally quit being stubborn and says football, and we bought him one and now he knows what a football is! We taught him to raise his arms up in the air and say touch down! He is so cute when he does it. He was able to entertain himself more than usual and was so good when we met Memaw for dinner. He even wanted her to sit right next to him. It was hilarious. Of course he had a few meltdowns, but overall I was so impressed with his actions, his listening ability and him minding us. =)

I got down on the floor at one point and played with him. We played "horsey" and he was riding on my back, mainly laying down on me holding on. A few times he sat up straight and I would stop. he doesn't quit understand the whole holding on aspect yet....once daddy wanted to play too, he got so excited and started falling off of me and I couldn't catch him quick enough.....down right on his head he went. His entire weight landing on his face! I felt so horrible! he didn't cry - but it swelled immediately and was huge. I'm sure he was okay with it because we got to eat a dum dum sucker so i could apply ice. =)
This picture really doesn't show how large it actually was, but I was nervous and watching him closely afterwards.


This new time change has messed us up just a little. Bridger is waking up earlier, but not too bad. Im sure it wont take him too long to readjust. I dont like it getting dark so early....but what do you do.

OH! Bridger won 1st place in his daycare fundraising event we did! I am so excited. He wins a $50 gift card to Toys R Us. His class won over all the other classes and he gets a chicken nugget party this wednesday. I am sure he will love that! Good Job Bridger Bear, way to sell!! hehe!

Wish I had taken more pictures this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment