Bridger

Bridger

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

New Toys

Last week sometime I was on a search for new shoes for Bridger.....(Still haven't found them) but Marshalls was next door and I decided to go look around, I like to get out of the house at least once a day with him so he doesn't get sick of being home.

We walked around and I didn't find too many things. I gave him a Xylophone to play with while I shopped around to keep him occupied. As we were going to leave, I put it back and we had a full blown tantrum under way! I felt so bad....I walked back and picked it up again. I watched how excited he got while he was playing with it....I decided to buy it. Then, suddenly I was like oh no, I don't want to start that habit of buying toys every time we go someplace, so again...I put it back. The entire way thru the store, to the car...and driving away we had a full on screamer. It broke my heart.

I told Ryan about it later and he said I should've just bought it...of course. So this weekend when daddy came home and we were out shoe shopping again...Daddy decided to surprise Bridger and pulled into Toys R us. We went in and couldn't find the Xylophones.....we were trying to decide on another toy. Bridger LOVED the Elmo Hokey Pokey....a snake that moved its head and eyes lit up....a cookie monster that talked....a drum set....then finally I asked...and much to our luck....she just saw one in the cart where all the odds and ends get put.....the box was kind of beat up...but the toy was intact and perfect!! Once I showed Bridger the Xylophone...there were no more questions....he knew which toy he wanted!





It is the first toy he picks up in the mornings when he gets up...and then he plays with it thru out the day! he LOVES it!!

His daddy is such a good daddy!! He wanted to make his sweet baby boy happy and Bridger is extremely happy! It was so hard to only buy the Xylophone...Ryan and I wanted to buy all the toys!

No comments:

Post a Comment