Bridger

Bridger

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Tubes are in!

This morning was our appointment for our sweet Bridgers tubes! I wasn't nervous or scared because after my discussion with the doctor last week, he made me feel 100% comfortable. It was a quick 3 minute procedure for them, had it been longer...I'm sure it would've been harder for me. The most challenging part of it was the waiting beforehand. We arrived at 6am and he didn't go back till 730. He was hungry, tired, and bored. We finally just had to let him scream it out. He wasn't having any of it. Finally - they took him back, and not long after we went to the waiting room, Ryan got a drink and they called us back to talk to Dr Jordan.

Dr Jordan told us that Bridger very much needed the tubes. That his ears are so bad! Tons of build up, and that we will experience bleeding for a few days because of it. We asked a few questions and I was able to go back to see Bridger. (one parent at a time) Now comes the saddest/hardest part - before I even turned the corner to recovery I could hear him screaming his lungs out!! He had 5 people around his bed trying to calm him down and get him to drink his bottle....as soon as he saw me, he had the look of relief! I scooped him up and snuggled him, loved him, and got him to drink some of his bottle. He cried the rest of the time and the time in car on the way home, but the poor baby did just come out of surgery....he finally fell alseep when we got to our street.

I took advantage of the time while Bridger napped and took me a nap since we had been up since 5am! Bridger is now up and doing wonderfully! He is playing and enjoying himself. We can actually call his name and he will look at us, tell him no and he will acknowledge us, I am SO happy that my baby can finally hear! I hope it will only get better from here on out. Now when I try to teach him Mama and Ball - he will know what I'm saying and not ignore me. =)

Playing so well after surgery

Very good at walking with this!


Evidence of puffs....one of his favorite snacks! Sweet boy!

Happy boy!


Beautiful






No comments:

Post a Comment