Bridger

Bridger

Monday, March 14, 2011

1st Birthday Party, new babies and Church!

While we were in Corpus this past weekend, we had a 1st Birthday Party to go to!! Happy 1st Birthday Landon! Landon is the sweet little boy of our dear friends, Pat and Karie. They had a cute Mickey Mouse themed party at their home and Bridger and I got to stop by.



I haven't taken Bridger to any birthday parties before because he is so wild and crazy. But luckily he was a good boy and played with all of Landon's toys. The boys were cute but aren't into each other just yet. Once Bridger gets a little older, I'm sure they will become such great running buddies.

Both Landon and Bridger wanted no part of the pinata! I'm sure Landon was thinking, "Why are we beating up Mickey Mouse?" and Bridger, well he just doesn't like to do things that you make him do or help him do....

We stayed for about an hour and Bridger started acting crazy because he was so tired! It was past nap time and he really needed it! We headed to Grandmas house for a nap and this is what we got....


While Bridger napped, Malori and her sweet little one, Kyler came over for a visit! Kyler is a month old and so sweet! He is so little! It is really hard for me to remember Bridger being that little, but he was and even smaller at birth! I wish I could remember him that small! They are so cute and lovable! I loved the sound of Kyler eating and I too, forgot that sound. I enjoyed getting to hold him, feed him and give him some loves! Bridger woke up before they left and didn't waste any time flirting with Malori!

We got up Sunday morning and went to church with Grandma. I dropped Bridger off in the daycare at church because I knew he wouldn't sit with me and be good. I was a little nervous dropping him off to people I didn't know, but it quickly passed when I realized how nice and sweet everyone was. I knew he would be ok. There were tons of toys for him to play with and keep him occupied, and I could check in on him on the monitor if I wanted. I really enjoyed the sermon and the live band that they have. Its been a really long time that I have been to church and I'm glad that I went. I just wish Ryan would have been feeling better to join us. By the time the service was over and I went to get Bridger, he was screaming. Guess it didn't go to good after all....but then again, it was way past nap time! 

It wasn't till this weekend when I was around other babies, that I realized my baby really is wild and crazy! His personality is so nonstop and so hyper. For me, I do this everyday so it doesn't phase me or I don't notice it.
I couldn't help but laugh when Malori asked me, "Is he always like this?". Yep - he does not stop for one moment! He doesn't watch tv, he doesn't stay occupied with one thing for too long,he has to touch everything, he is on the go, things to do, places to go type of little boy! I love those moments with other little ones that are calm and sweet, but I wouldn't change my rowdy boy for anything!! He is.....his fathers son.

While driving home to Beaumont, Bridger decided to take only one nap! I sat in the back seat and we played, snacked, and had sweet moments. He just loves to be noticed and acknowledged. He is so alert and really starting to pay more attention, not much more, but a little. You can see the little wheels in his head turning, trying to figure out what I'm doing this time or that time. He loves to smack my face and pull my lips. I was a great distraction for the long 5hour car ride. Here he is with his Grinch, he absolutely loves stuffed animals!





No comments:

Post a Comment