Bridger

Bridger

Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Freer Rattlesnake Roundup 2013

This past weekend was the annual Rattlesnake Roundup in Freer, TX. I haven't been since high school so I vaguely remember anything about it. I remember it was fun and I saw Diamond Rio there.....that makes me sound old! haha!



We invited some friends and all loaded up...6 of us... in my car and made the hour and 15 min drive over. It was fun! We were there before we knew it. With everyone of us having our own choice in what song we should play next and all having conversations of our own or interrupting other ones. It was a blast! Us girls drank on the way there and we were loving every minute of that coconut rum!

As soon as we got there and out of the car, sandblasted! What in the world? Who brought all the sand with them? I really really didn't remember Freer being so sandy. The wind was cranking and we were all covered in sand literally within minutes of stepping out of the car. I was SO happy that I wore boots!

We shopped around and the poor guys had to run into "town" Freer's "town"....to get money out. Would you believe that their atms, that sit in a truck - were out of service? Seems they are dial up and weren't picking up a signal. haha!!! This was so funny to us. We really didn't think of these things before we left Corpus. We found a couple cute things and ran into some more people we knew. We briefly browsed at the rattlesnakes, and they had huge snakes! Boa's? I have no idea, I don't know anything about snakes and I don't want to! Many people were pausing to get their picture with these ginormous snakes.

Before we knew it the concert started. We didn't even make our way to the carnival! We completely forgot. That would've been fun. We listened to the Cody Johnson Band. They were good. Then came Pat Green - he did good too! Every time we had to go to the restroom the lines were ridiculously long! That was a pain, but everything else was great and went great!!

Until the rain.....it started raining and they announced that they would wait at least 30 minutes to see if the concert will go on. The lightening was pretty bad and it was raining pretty good. We then decided that we would miss who we all wanted to see - Randy Rogers Band and head home. There was no guarantee that he would even be playing if the weather didn't get better. We all got rained on and booked it to the car.

We actually got home I think a little before midnight?! We all had a blast and we rarely do things like this! I am so glad that we decided to make this trip! We had so much fun!! I missed my baby boy, but we had fun.

By the time we even got home it was thundering so bad and raining. Bridger woke up and hung out with us all until they all left. Then he was a lucky little boy and got to sleep in mommy and daddys bed.
























1 comment:

  1. I was there and i saw you eating some food. So i went to go buy some after cause you made it look delicious. It was some good slimy snake!!! Hope to see you eat next year :-)

    ReplyDelete