Bridger

Bridger

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Boat Party

Our friends started having a boat party before the start of the season a couple or so years ago. I'm guessing it is for good luck? I have no idea. Before the "official Launch" I guess. This year the boat was in the boat slip at the marina in Port A. Everyone else paid for a party bus so that they didn't have to drive back and forth. Great idea!!

We have our trip coming up and some other things, that we didn't really want to ask our mom's to babysit Bridger. We don't have a list of babysitters either. Ryan went offshore that day and when he got back we decided we would head out and  just stop for a short while to visit, etc. We took Bridger with us. We got out there at dark and Bridger was so shy. It cracks me up how shy he is when he walks into a crowd. It takes him so long to warm up. It didn't take long for him to warm up and start running all around the grassy area. It was kind of chilly. We hung out for awhile and Ryan started walking down on the dock. I was going down there to talk to someone, so I ran to the car to get Bridger's life jacket.

As soon as I put it on him, I turned to talk. I heard a splash. Yep. My baby fell in the water!! My heart just sank. I saw Ryan jump down real quick to try to grab him, so I froze. In my mind it took 10 minutes! The music stopped, everyone stopped talking....and it took forever to get my baby out of the water. I just remember 1 image and that was of him face down in the water. The life jacket made him lay face first into the water, I think its a technique to learn to roll over. He got it at one point, and turned back around and then Ryan was able to spin him around again so his face was no longer in the water. At this point I felt like it was taking forever and yelled, get him! ha, like he wasn't trying. My poor hubby, I was just so freaked out. He repositioned himself and was able to grab him with one arm and got him out onto the dock. Fully dressed. Cold outside. My poor baby was soaked. He didn't cry or make one peep. I grabbed his little hand and walked immediately to my car. I stripped him down and dried him off. I had extra shirts and jackets, but no pants.

After getting his clothes on, or the shirt and jacket I mean - he just wanted to be held by his daddy. He was wrapped in his blankie and just sat with his head on his daddy's shoulder. We didn't stay but 10-15 more mins before we headed home. It was already around 10pm. I put Bridger in his car seat and he said - "Mommy I in the water with the fish!!!" lol. I love my sweet boy. We asked him numerous times if he was scared and he said yes. However- the next day at the pier he was back to leaning over and jumping from boat to dock. ohhh boy. This little boy. He is all boy!

He is my little trooper. It scared me so bad though. My heart little felt like it sank and stopped. I was shaking so bad. I hate that feeling. I am so happy that he is ok and that we always put his life jacket on when we are around water. Always. We have been talking seriously about swim lessons as well. He is entirely too comfortable around water. Swim lessons sound perfect.







Playing with Colby


No comments:

Post a Comment