Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Weekend Getaway

Last weekend my sweet baby boy had his first ever weekend away without us. We had already planned a trip to San Marcos with some friends, and my mom
Was going to watch Bridger, but Ryan's brother kept calling and really wanted Bridger to come up and visit them in Houston. 

I had alot of anxiety over it, but I am sure it is just because it is the first time he was actually going away, out of town, without us. We got him ready to go and my mother n law picked him up Friday afternoon and off they went! Before she picked him up he let him bring Cheyenne in and play with her. They both had a blast. Cheye loves that attention. 





Ryan and I ran some errand so got some sushi to go. I was packing for the weekend and started feeling terrible. My head was pounding and my face was on fire. I looked in the mirror and holy heck! My face was so read! I had bright spot all over my chest as arms! The heat coming From my face was so bad. I couldn't figure out what was going on. I finally figured it might be a food allergy!?! I always order the same thing, but this time it did seem that there was something different on it. I'm not sure what. Now, I am so weary of ordering that again! I took a Benadryl and went to bed! The next morning I felt great! 

We bit the road and got to San Marcos around 12ish. We shopped around, seeing the boys here and there. 


They had lunch at the outback and just basically waited on us. Our friends headed back to the hotel and Ryan and I kept shopping. We make a great shopping team! I was so looking forward to this trip, Ryan even gave me a by. H of money, I was So excited! But I failed miserably! Ryan ended up with some stuff, lots for B and I got 1 pair of jeans and 2 belts. 

We headed back to hotel to get ready for dinner. We stayed at the Grand Hyatt and it was really nice! A cool front blew in right before we left to dinner! I was a little chilly, but it was actually nice! We weren't super Hott walking the river walk. We went to eat at Saltgrass and it was pretty good! Afterwards we went to Howl at the Moon- but it was so packed it just wasnt a good time. Ryan got a little sick before we left to dinner and after he still felt like crap. So we left and decided we could go drink at the hotel lobby. We did that for one round of drinks then headed to bed! Lol. In bed by midnight isn't such a bad idea! 






The next morning we were up early and walked over to Denny's for breakfast. We had a nice breakfast! We then decided to head to Austin to drop off Allen's breathing machine since he just got moved up there. Austin was only an hour from downtown San Antonio! Not bad at all. We let our friends know and hit the road. We got up there, found where he was and visited for awhile. It was very sad. To just be there in that hospital with all these people that all need help doing things. It was so sad to see Allen just laying unable to do anything for himself. It is horrible. It broke my heart when he said he finally got to go outside the other day.....the 1st time in 3 months. He loves the outdoors. He did however seem very optimistic and positive and is just ready to start rehab. He is still maybe 6 weeks out of starting, but he is so anxious and ready. That is a really good sign. We just keep praying for him and a complete recovery. 

After visiting for awhile we left and decided to hit up the outlets again! This time I got another pair of jeans and 1 belt. Lol what the heck?! Ryan we t ahead and got alot more stuff. He went crazy and bought tons! He never shops for himself though, so we had fun finding him stuff! 

We got home around 7pm and were so excited to see Bridg. He had the best time and was so excited to tell us all about it! I missed him so much, but Ryan and I had a blast! We haven't been able to do that in forever! Not a vacay out of the country- just a weekend away. It really is important and so worth it! We had the best time ever, no schedule, no time frame, no fighting with a toddler. We missed him SO much , but man we had a great time! 




No comments:

Post a Comment