Bridger

Bridger

Friday, September 27, 2013

Boat Rides in the fall.......

It is funny how when spring rolls around we can not wait to go out in the boat......we literally devote every weekend all weekend to going out in the boat. We have craved it all winter long and we do not waste any time. This year was exactly that. I had an extremely dark tan by April! Bridger absolutely loves the boats and is always such a good boy when we go on it.

Thru out the summer we start not going as much....I don't know why. But by the time fall rolls around I'm usually like eh. I don't want to go. It really isn't the first thing on my mind as it is at the beginning of spring. Last weekend we went to go try to get some 3 year pictures of Bridger. I am terrible and haven't done any since his 2 year pictures. I stopped trying because the 2 year old ones were such a hassle and a pain. I got Bridger all dressed and headed out to this pier that I envisioned to be really cute. Of course, it was gorgeous weather outside so people were out fishing off of it. People in the background of his pictures were not going to work. I was bummed and we loaded up. We ran by Ryans moms real quick and Ryan said hey - lets go for a boat ride. I wasn't excited or really wanting to. Especially because Bridger was fast asleep in his car seat. (due to lack of naps lately).

I thought, fine, what the heck, a nice family outing. Sure. We left and were going to run across to the island. We were almost there when Ryan slowed down....and then I heard it. Sort of a knocking sound....yep. Motor is broke. Really? Ryan looked at it and was certain it was the air compressor or something like that...i don't know motor talk that well. He said we definitely couldn't run it back, we would have to idle. So - we idled, and idled, and idled, and idled. It took us about an hour to get back which should only take maybe 10 mins!!! Luckily - it was a gorgeous day and we had good jams on and we got to enjoy our time as a family relaxing in the boat. I forget how much I really do enjoy boat rides in the fall, just because it isn't scorching hot, doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable. I had a great time and was happy for our little mishap. I even got to get some pictures of my sweet little boy.

on a side note : Ryan already fixed the motor! yes, hes that good! =)








No comments:

Post a Comment