Bridger

Bridger

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Happy New Year!!

Happy 2013! I can't believe we are already in 2013. Time flies. I love the holidays so so much but I am sure glad they are over. It really wiped me out this year.

New Years Eve for us consisted of me falling asleep on the couch at 8pm! Ryan put Bridger to bed and I slept on the couch till 11, then went up to bed. ha! I was so so tired, my eyes literally hurt to keep them open. Luckily, Ryan was tired as well. We were both passed out by 1130. We couldn't even make it to midnight! I was extremely tired and worn out from all the events. I also started back on doing Insanity and have to get up super early for that. Early mornings mixed with late nights is definitely not a good combination.

2012 was a great year for us and I feel so very blessed and happy. I am looking forward to this new year as we have many events planned. However I am not as giddy as I usually am. I blame it on the tiredness. I am however, always thankful every single day for my family, our health, our careers.

At the end of December my mom had major surgery. I call it major surgery. She had some bulging discs in her neck and they needed to be repaired immediately as it was causing her severe pain in her arm and shoulder. Her surgery was scheduled Dec 28th in San Antonio. Jamie took off to take her and care for her right after. They went thru the front of her neck and shaved off 2 bone spurs and added some bone from her hip to her neck. She had to stay a couple of days in the hospital before being released on Dec 30th to head back home. She is recovering at home and has to wear a neck brace all day everyday for a month. No lifting more than 5 lbs and also no driving. This is a long road to full recovery and we are all trying to help as much as we can. I'd go crazy having to stay home all day everyday, but my mom enjoys it. She can't take her pain meds and it makes her stomach uneasy so she is really just on ibuprofen. I'm so happy everything went to well and she is doing to wonderful. My sister will be flying in, in a couple of weeks to stay and help my mom for a week. It will be nice and a good change from seeing me and Jamie everyday!

So for this year, I hope for a speedy healthy recovery for my mom and continuous blessings that we are receiving. We are so thankful for this life everyday and know that it is a special gift. I am excited to have my special family and to be starting another year with them.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment