Bridger

Bridger

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Bottles and formula

Finally got this boy to take bottles and of course the only ones he likes are the Dr Browns bottles. Ugh. There are literally 5 pieces to wash per bottle! I was trying to hard to get him to like other bottles. (We used Dr Browns with Bridger because he had colic) with not much success with other bottles we finally settled and let it be. Maybe as he grows I can hopefully change him. 
Once we figured out what kind of bottle he liked, we had to figure out what forumla he liked. We went thru maybe 3 or 4 before finding out that he like the powder enfamil Infant formula. No premade, the liquid is too thick for him. We also have to add a little more extra water with the powder formula. Make it a little bit more like the consistency of my breastmilk. 
We are working in doing bottles during the day and nursing at night and early morning. Sometimes it's hard because he gets tired and just wants to nurse to go to sleep. I've got to break him of that. It's all a slow learning process but I am so thrilled that he is trying. I've got to be off nursing by August. 
I will he so sad. My last baby. Nursing is easy. It's convenient. It's bonding time. It's special. With bridger I never produced enough, with Beckett I've had to problem, then to have to stop....makes me sad. I shouldn't be. I don't know why we booked this trip so close after his birth. I really was thinking. 
It is what it is and we are working at it! He even likes to try to hold his own bottle!!! He's such a good little boy! 




No comments:

Post a Comment