Bridger

Bridger

Friday, August 23, 2013

Utah Trip - Day 6

Our final day in Utah. Sunday. We really did not have anything on the agenda. I told my sister that I wanted to go to a look out and get some pictures.

They all got dressed and headed out to church. While they were gone for a couple of hours, it took me the entire time to pack and clean everything up. As soon as she got home, we loaded up and headed out for the drive. We really wanted Bridger to catch a snooze as well so he wouldn't be too tired for the place ride home.

We tried going up to one of the look outs, but I seriously forget how scary it is going up those mountains.....with no railings. Ryan hates heights. I was just nervous and not saying much. We didn't  make it too high before we decided to turn around. I got out and got a quick picture, but I really wanted a family picture.....but I think by then I was too nervous and I didn't want to get Bridger out worrying he would slip and fall or something. Things were racing thru my head. Quick picture and back down we went.

We drove around, looking at all kinds of things. Houses, pretty scenery. We drove to Ogden, and checked some of our old stomping grounds. We looked at our old house that we lived in when we were just little girls and I sure don't remember the house being that small. But it sure what. I don't remember the neighborhood being that ghetto. It is so crazy to see these types of things from another view. An older adult. Not a innocent little child. Our Elementary school we went to, is no longer there. not even the building. They completely tore it down and built some type of new school. We drove by some old friends houses....one still looked, literally, EXACTLY the same. It was crazy. We showed Ryan some other parts of Ogden that we remembered. The nicer parts as well. We showed him Ogden High School, which has always been such a beautiful high school.....or to me it is. You don't see buildings like that anymore for schools. We drove enough to where Bridger got a good hour to hour and half nap. We made it back to the house just in time to say good bye to everyone else.

Off we went to the airport. We were early. But Bridger did much better. During the flight home he watched his DVDs this time and was pretty good. He had some outbursts...but was pretty good. We landing at midnight. Talk about being tired! We drove home from San Antonio and I crawled into bed at 3am. I had to work the next day, no if, ands, or buts about it. I was late. haha.

Our trip to Utah was so good. I enjoyed everything about it. (Except the flight over). I don't think I could ever live there again of course, I am a Texas girl. But I do love visiting and being there. Something about the air, the mountains - its refreshing. Its completely different than Texas. I was dreading the trip a little bit before we left - I was nervous about Bridger, how he would act, play and be. I was nervous about how Ryan would feel and like it all. And everything went perfect. I am so thankful that we were able to make the trip and spend that many days with my family. I know it will be awhile before we make it to Utah again. I am excited for that next trip already.


The boys did this NON stop!





Cousins!!! Cairo-13, Atayla-11, Sheaden-6, Bridger-3

No comments:

Post a Comment