Bridger

Bridger

Monday, May 13, 2013

Mothers Day 2013

I am so happy to be a mom. It is truly an amazing feeling that isn't describable to anybody, you only realize how amazing it is, once you become a mother. You can dream about it, fantasize how it will be, but reality - being a mother is just so amazing beyond words.

My mothers day was low key and we just hung out. We got up and went to church. Bridger colored me a cute card that I didn't get a picture of because he was taking it apart before we even got to the house. He also made me a cute foam art from daycare. He was so excited to give it to me. We drove Ryan out to the shop to do some work and pick up his truck. On the way, Bridger said- "Happy Mothers Day Mom" out of the blue. It was so so sweet. Just melted my heart. I didn't teach him that, he must have learned it in church that morning and just remembered. He then told Ryan, "Happy Mothers Day Daddy" haha. Ummm, not quite buddy. He is so sweet.

Church was a great service with the Pastor and his wife on stage this time. She thought that she would be able to say so much more than Pastor Bil, which is probably true. ha. She spoke of us Moms always trying to do to much, and to always remember to keep ourselves happy and our tank full as well, because we all tend to forget to do that. She had a lot to say and it was fun listening to her and her points and her own stories of her children. Again, we all are so blessed and happy to be a mother.

The day was nasty and rainy all day. We ran a few errands and stayed home. My mom came over for a little while. Bridger was so excited to see her. He immediately told her to sit down and play with him. I have been terrible about making him nap lately because he usually is pretty good, and I don't really want to fight with him. However - Sunday, he was a hott mess. Saying things he shouldn't and being out of control. He makes me laugh, but I swear his naughtiness was times 1000 yesterday. After my mom left we headed out to run another couple of errands. He fell asleep and caught about an hour nap. It was well needed.

I am so very thankful for my mom and my mother-n-law. They both do so much for us and help us when we need or ask. Bridger loves them both to pieces and I am so glad that we are home in Corpus again and so near.

I love my little man so much and I feel so blessed every single day to have him as my son. He likes to test me and my patience and push us as far as he can, but god picked him out especially for us and knew exactly what we needed. We may think he is difficult now and he is such a little monster, but we love it and we love him. He is perfect just the way he is and I'm so glad god picked him for us. I love his spiciness and his stubbornness. I have heard that is a great personality to have as an adult.

I couldn't imagine my life without him and I'm so sad that he is growing so quickly. I'm happy, but I'm sad. I try my hardest not to complain about all the naughty things he does and gets himself into, because in reality - they are only this little for such a SHORT amount of time. The shortest out of his whole life. I have to eat up every moment I can. Toddlers are just so stinkin adorable and so innocent and pure. I love every minute. I'll blink my eyes again and he will be 10. I am trying to embellish in all these cute toddler moments as much as I can. I already can't believe he isn't a small baby anymore. I miss those days as well. I'm happy I have so many pictures that take me back to those moments and those memories that are so very special to me. All kids are special, so of course I think mine is beyond special and so perfect for our family. I love being Bridger's mommy.


No comments:

Post a Comment