Bridger

Bridger

Friday, February 3, 2012

New Daycare

Since moving here to Corpus, we haven't really felt completely comfortable at our daycare, or should I say I didn't feel comfortable about certain things at his daycare.

He started biting since moving here and it has been such a hard battle to conquer. His previous daycare seemed ok in the beginning and tired to work with me, then it just got out of control. His biting got worse and all I was constantly hearing, actually from day one, is how hard he is, only Bridger, or random things that fit into that category. I actually brushed it off for the longest time - that is just my nature. I don't ever stand up for my kid right away and think he is doing nothing wrong. The more this went on I started to realize things. I don't want to talk bad about anyone, or say wrong things.



However this daycare what I summed it up to is that they couldn't handle Bridger. Yes biting is a horrible horrible thing.  I dont defend that part of it or think it is ok. My main issue was that i wasn't there at daycare to discipline him or do what I need to, to help him or stop him from biting. This issue spiraled out of control! I didn't understand why he wasn't doing it at home. I 100% think it is due to him teething, he is cutting his incisors, and that is painful! I gave them medications to give him and tried to help with what I could. I wasn't there so i don't know how any of this was handled. I feel though, that is wasn't handled well and something was missing....there was a loop hole somewhere as to why my child is acting this way. I dont want to point fingers or blame anything on anyone. Once they told me Bridger was suspended for a week......I knew it was time to change.



Can you believe that? Suspended from daycare for an entire week at 19months old. He is a baby still, he doesn't understand that. He just thinks he gets to spend more time with mommy. After I got the call about him being suspended for the week I had to leave work early and Ryan and I ran around town trying to sign him up for a new daycare come Monday morning. Finally - we found one. It is more money weekly - cost more to get him in, but in the long run if it is worth it - none of that matters.



He started last week. First week wasn't the greatest. However in our initial meeting that friday afternoon I was honest and let her know why we were changing daycares, in the best way i could and let her know that we had a biter. She said they have some currently and they will work with him....that is what I needed to hear.



First week - he bit a total of 6 times. Excessive- yes. Frusterating- Heck yea! Suspended or on warning- No.
I felt so defeated Monday afternoon when I picked him up that I went to Babies R Us and spent $60 on teethers, gels and medicines. I was not going to let this ruin anything. I do understand it was his first week, and it was hard for him, my heart literally melted that morning when I dropped him off and all the kids were starring at him and he hid behind my leg. I remember that feeling being the "new kid" not having any friends, I know he is just a baby, but they feel those things too! Luckily he didn't let it get to him and it only lasted a minute and he ran to go play.
Friday he finished the day out with no bites. YAY! Go Bridger.



Now - Monday morning I get a call that he has a rash on his torso - I had to go pick him up and of course his doctor isn't in until after 2 and there are no appts until tomorrow after 2. So frusterating! I am not sure what the rash is, I dont think it is anything major - but he has been extrememly fussy and not himself this afternoon. Praying it is something simple or something he might already be over with.

No comments:

Post a Comment