Bridger

Bridger

Friday, July 27, 2012

Our new home

When we first moved here, August 2nd - we rented a house across the street from my mom. We signed a year lease. We liked the house and is pretty much the biggest one we lived in. We were content. However - the backyard is dirt and the tiniest ever! Knowing we were tired of renting - we knew time had come to finally purchase a house. We looked online just browsing for months - seeing what was out there, prices, designs, new to old homes, etc. This house hunt was not easy as we both had things we wanted. We really turned up the search at the end of May. Got a realtor - called the mortgage people - and went full blast looking at houses. None of them satisfied us, and the ones that did - had no yard.
We could've gotten a brand new house and designed it all ourselves - but with tiny yards. Our rule was that Bridgers slide had to fit...and we have 2 big dogs. Ryan has 5 boats, an old corvette - 2 trucks and my car. Lots of stuff.
We finally looked at one that was a 2 story with a good sized back yard. It was managable. It wasn't what I wanted exactly but I knew I would have to make sacrifices. Plus it was way under our limit! We decided to make a second appointment and bring my mom along. While we waited for the lady to call back our realtor to set up a time, another house across the street came on the real estate website. I had seen it for sale by owner before but never looked twice as I thought it looked like a box to me. It wasn't what I had envisioned. Once I saw it online on the real estate website and got a look at it, I told Ryan we HAD to look at it. Made an appt that day I believe and took my mom to look! We liked it immediately! A lot of it was updated and it was just so much nicer all the way around, you could tell the sellers really took care of their home. We made an offer that day, the very first day it went on the real estate market.
So here we are - weeks later and we closed on July 13th. Friday the 13th. It was perfect. I painted some last weekend when Ryan way away at POCO and we are finishing up the last things this weekend! We are excited and ready to go into this next chapter of our lives.
There are of course things we want to update and change and make into our own - in all due time. But it has 4 bedrooms, a big backyard, and not alot of remodeling to do!! Score!
Pictures to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment